Compass Bridge Loan Services
A simple solution to bridge the gap between the home you have and the home you want.
A bridge loan is a short-term loan that uses the equity from your current home to help you make an offer on a new one, without rushing to sell.
Does a bridge loan make sense for you?
Is your money tied up in the equity of your current home?
If you want to move but your money is tied up in the equity of your current house, a bridge loan can help you secure funding to facilitate the transition to a new home — like for a down payment or mortgage payments. Once your current home sells, you can use the proceeds to pay the bridge loan back.
Do you need to move within a specific timeframe?
If you’re relocating for a new job or other reason, a bridge loan can afford you the freedom to move on your own terms and secure a new house when you need to, without having to wait for your old home to sell.
Does your home require renovations or other work?
Whether you’re using Compass Concierge to increase your home’s value, or are making improvements on your own, it may be easier to have construction work done when you’re out of the house. A bridge loan can help you move faster so you’re out of the house while those improvements are being completed.
How it works
- Inquire directly with a bridge loan lender to see financing options and if you qualify.
- Apply to get pre-approved for a bridge loan with the lender of your choice, while searching with your Compass agent for your next home.
- If needed, use your approved bridge loan to strengthen your bid on a new home.
- Move into your new home while your Compass agent works to sell your current home. *Use Compass Concierge home improvement services to sell your home faster and for more money.
- When your old home sells, simply use the proceeds to pay back the bridge loan.
What rates and fees accompany a bridge loan?
The rates and fees for each bridge loan are determined by the lender. We recommend reaching out to a bridge loan lender directly to learn more. As a reminder, the bridge loan itself can be from any lender of your choice.
Information regarding lenders which offer short-term Bridge Loan financing is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement of the particular lenders referenced. Compass cannot guarantee that these institutions will be able to assist and does not assume any responsibility as to the performance of services to be provided by these institutions. There are no requirements that you participate in the Compass Bridge Loan Services or obtain a loan from these providers to participate in any other Compass programs (such as Compass Concierge). Speak to your Bridge Loan lender about all the costs you may be responsible for in connection with your Bridge Loan.